Q. trying to find a bill

trying to find a bill
Hi, I am trying to find information on H.R. 3432, which was submitted by Mr. Widnall on January 26, 1959, please. The entry in the Congressional Record reads "A bill for the relief of Alice Guy Blache; to the Committee on the Judiciary." Thank you


Thank you for your question. 

I have attached a PDF copy of this bill. It was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary after being introduced by Mr. Widnall, but no further action appears to have been taken.

A similar bill (H.R. 12868) had been submitted previously by Mr. Widnall on June 9, 1958 (the 85th Congress). I have attached a copy of that bill also. As with the later bill, it was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary and no further action was taken.

As far as I can tell, there is no other information on this bill other than these brief statements in the Congressional Record that it was introduced and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, which you have already alluded to. (They are at the top of the first page in each document.)

H.R. 3432: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-CRECB-1959-pt1/pdf/GPO-CRECB-1959-pt1-13-2.pdf

H.R. 12868: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-CRECB-1958-pt8/pdf/GPO-CRECB-1958-pt8-7-3.pdf 


If the bill had passed, it most likely would have been listed in the Statutes at Large as a private law during 1959 or 1960. You can browse those at the govinfo.gov website, but I didn't see anything for Alice Guy Blache:




I hope this information is helpful. If this is not what you need, if you can't read the attachments, or if you should require any further assistance, please let us know.

Bobby Griffith
Lead Government Information Reference Associate
Eagle Commons Library
University of North Texas Libraries


  • Last Updated Apr 01, 2021
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Bobby Griffith

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0